Monday 17 December 2012

Iffley Waxwings,17th December

I had a free day today so after seeing the report of 12 Waxwings down meadow lane yesterday i decided to get on my bike and take a look to see if they were still around today.I rode from one end of meadow lane to the other and back again with no success so thought they must of moved on.So i decided to head back to my parents house and rode up tree lane.As i got to the top of the lane i heard the distinctive waxwing call,i looked up and there they were! They were perched in the top of a large tree, they then decended down into a small berry tree in a back garden easily seen from the crossroads of Tree lane and woodhouse lane and Bear's hedges.








 
I only had my canon 100-400mm on me and the birds looked settled so i decided to ride back to my parents quickly to get the "Back Breaker", jump in the car and drive back.When i arrived they were still present feeding on the berries but only briefly before flying back up into a bigger tree.They soon came back down again so i managed to get loads of pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment