Monday 11 May 2015

Bentley wood, Hants, Sun 10th May

Saturday was a DIY day so Sunday was my day. I hadn't been to Bentley wood for a few years so I thought we could head there and catch up with the Pearl-bordered fritillaries. We arrived about 9.45 a.m. It was quite cloudy with the odd sunny spell breaking through which brought out a few fritillaries.The breaks didn't last long so they soon settled which made it much easier to take photo's.After taking a few pics I had a walk around the clearing and came across a mating pair of fritillaries that were very obliging.At this point Peter law arrived and got some shots of them for himself.I took quite a lot of photo's of them as this was the first time I'd come across a mating pair.The only other butterfly seen today was a Brimstone. I also had an Argent & Sable moth looking like a miniature Marbled white in flight.

 Mating pair on Bluebell

 Pearl-bordered fritillary

 Pearl-bordered fritllary

 Mating pair on Bluebell

 Pearl-bordered fritillary

 Mating pair

 Mating pair on Bluebell

 Mating pair on Bluebell

 Argent & Sable

 Woodland sign

1 comment:

  1. Excellent report Wayne. I really like Bentley Wood although it is a long way from here.

    ReplyDelete