Thursday 7 May 2015

Otmoor,Thurs 7th May

I spent a couple of hours on Otmoor today,my main aim was to see if any Hairy Dragonflies had emerged yet. I started off along the roman road at first but no Hairies were seen, although I did manage to see my first Large red damsels of the year here. I then thought I may as well carry on along the bridleway up to Noke to see if could find them there. While walking along the bridleway I was slightly distracted by a Turtle dove showing very well, feeding near the cattle pens, so I never made it up towards Noke for the dragonflies.So instead I enjoyed photographing the dove with Terry!
 Turtle dove

 Turtle dove

 Turtle dove

 Turtle dove

 Turtle dove
Marsh harrier was seen over the reedbed, also at least 6 Hobby feeding over the reedbed  and Greenaways. 1 Little egret flew out of Greenaways.
Lots of warblers were in song.

Butterflies seen today:-

Green veined white
Small white
Orange Tip
Brimstone
Peacock
Speckled wood

No comments:

Post a Comment