Sunday 22 June 2014

New Forest pt II Sat 21st June

It was back down to the New forest this weekend as I'd gained some information on where to find the Heath Fragrant Orchid,a new species for me. Special thanks to Adrian king for this! I'd been to most of the places it's supposed to be, but with no luck. I have known about the site Adrian gave me, and it's the only one that I'd never tried, Probably because it always looked like a hard place to get to. Anyway once on the site I was pleased to finally see around 20 Heath Fragrant Orchids after years of trying. Lots of Heath Spotted Orchids also around.

 Heath Fragrant Orchid"Borealis"

 Heath Fragrant Orchid"Borealis"

 Heath Fragrant Orchid"Borealis"

 Heath Fragrant Orchid"Borealis"

 Heath Fragrant Orchid"Borealis"

 Heath Fragrant Orchid"Borealis"
And here are a few pics of some Heath Spotted Orchids.

 Heath Spotted Orchid

 Heath Spotted Orchid

 Heath Spotted Orchid

 Heath Spotted Orchid

 Heath Spotted Orchid
There was also lots of Oblong Leaved Sundew Around.

 Oblong Leaved Sundew
After this site ,we headed off to Latchmore Brook for the Scarce Blue Tailed Damselfly.6+ were seen including a female in the orange "aurantiaca" phase which I'd never seen before but always wanted to see, so not a bad day!

 Scarce Blue Tailed Damselfly

 Scarce Blue Tailed Damselfly

 Scarce Blue Tailed Damselfly

 Bog Asphodel

 Bog Asphodel
Keeled Skimmer and Southern Damsels were also seen. Silver Studded Blues were flying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment